Licensed Practical Nurse - Evening Shift
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies, provides clients with
experienced management and technologically advanced services,
combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered
proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral
health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting,
claims processing, and quality management services. At Wexford
Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered
a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the
corrections environment is our venue. Wexford Health has an
exceptional opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse to join our
team of healthcare professionals at the Erie County Prison in Erie,
PA. SHIFT: 3:00PM-10:30PM, EOW and $1,500 Sign on Bonus We're proud
to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account POSITION SUMMARY
A Licensed Practical nurse licensed in the state of assignment
responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through
the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation. Under the supervision of Registered Nurses, directs and
guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and
demonstrated competencies. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES Under the
supervision of Registered Nurse, assists in the assessment of the
physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the
Health Care Unit and, as necessary in the Housing Units.
- Assists in planning and individual treatment programs by
utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with
registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
- Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the
Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications and
intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness,
complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory
personnel and physicians, in accordance with physicians
- Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patient.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention
to therapeutic significance.
- Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in
- Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Assists physician as assigned.
- Supervises inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and
sanitation of the environment.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned. The duties and
responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only;
employees may be assigned other duties as required. ENVIRONMENTAL
CONDITIONS Medical Unit within a correctional facility. TRAVEL:
None LICENSING: Current state LPN license CERTIFICATION: Current
CPR certification EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited nursing
school PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of clinical experience
Keywords: Wexford Health, Erie , Licensed Practical Nurse - Evening Shift, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!