Full-Time Registered Nurse
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies, provides clients with
experienced management and technologically advanced services,
combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered
proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral
health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting,
claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Registered
Nurse to join our team of healthcare professionals at the Erie
County Prison in Erie, PA.
SHIFT: 10:30PM-7:00AM, Every other weekend $2,500 Sign on Bonus
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
* Annual review with performance increase
* Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
* Paid holidays
* Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Dental and Vision insurance
* 401(k) retirement saving plans
* Company-paid short-term disability
* Healthcare and dependent care spending account
A professional nurse registered in the state of assignment
responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing
process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary
personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
* Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of
patients within the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the
* Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using
available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the
* Provides a written assessment of patient on admission, during
confinement and on discharge as requested.
* Summarizes assessment data, and makes a triage decision which is
documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
* Plans an individual treatment program.
* Utilizes available treatment protocols as written by the Medical
* Utilizes referral process to appropriate health care providers as
* Applies knowledge and utilizes available resources in planning
care and patient teaching.
* Consults as necessary with other nurses, physician assistants,
physicians, correctional officers, etc.
* Implements an Individual Treatment Program in the Health Care
Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
* Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
* Intervenes with proper techniques, procedures and safety
precautions utilizing aseptic technique and infection control to
meet individual needs of patients.
* Implements medical plan through administering medications in
accordance with physician's orders.
* Intervenes by administering medications according to proper
techniques and procedures, including IV therapy, and all other
approved routes of administration.
* Utilizes pharmacology knowledge and available resources, to
include drug reaction and overdose information in administering
* Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in
accordance with physician's orders.
* Intervenes by obtaining body fluid specimens and performing EKG's
using proper techniques and procedures.
* Communicates information to ancillary departments using
established referral process.
* Implements treatment plans as ordered by the physician.
* Intervenes with proper techniques, procedures and available
* Assists the physician or physician assistant in medical or minor
surgical procedures as necessary and/or requested to meet
individual needs of patients.
* Implements nutrition and therapeutic diet plan as ordered by
physician or physician assistant.
* Intervenes with proper techniques and procedures and available
resources of therapeutic diets and nutrition as established by the
* Utilizes knowledge and available resources of therapeutic diets
and nutrition as established by the Facility.
* Documents' nursing encounters utilizing the Problem Oriented
Medial Records format of charting as required by the Facility.
* Communicates information to other nursing staff, Health Care Unit
physicians, physician assistants, Health Care Unit supervisory
personnel, and department correctional officers and
* Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which included
daily interfacing with inmates/patients, correctional staff, and
health care personnel. May be exposed to such occupational hazards
as communicable diseases, radiation, chemotherapeutic agents, and
disoriented or combative patients.
LICENSING: Current state RN license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited nursing school
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year experience preferred but not
Keywords: Wexford Health, Erie , Full-Time Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!