Full-Time Registered Nurse
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: August 11, 2019
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies, provides clients with
experienced management and technologically advanced services,
combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered
proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral
health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting,
claims processing, and quality management services. At Wexford
Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered
a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the
corrections environment is our venue. Wexford Health has an
exceptional opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our team of
healthcare professionals at the Erie County Prison in Erie, PA.
SHIFT: 11:00PM-7:00AM and $2,500 Sign on Bonus We're proud to offer
a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account POSITION SUMMARY
A professional nurse registered in the state of assignment
responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing
process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary
personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of
patients within the Health Care Unit and as necessary, in the
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using
available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the
- Provides a written assessment of patient on admission, during
confinement and on discharge as requested.
- Summarizes assessment data, and makes a triage decision which
is documented and communicated to other patient care
- Plans an individual treatment program.
- Utilizes available treatment protocols as written by the
- Utilizes referral process to appropriate health care providers
- Applies knowledge and utilizes available resources in planning
care and patient teaching.
- Consults as necessary with other nurses, physician assistants,
physicians, correctional officers, etc.
- Implements an Individual Treatment Program in the Health Care
Unit and as necessary, in the housing units.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Intervenes with proper techniques, procedures and safety
precautions utilizing aseptic technique and infection control to
meet individual needs of patients.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications in
accordance with physician's orders.
- Intervenes by administering medications according to proper
techniques and procedures, including IV therapy, and all other
approved routes of administration.
- Utilizes pharmacology knowledge and available resources, to
include drug reaction and overdose information in administering
- Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in
accordance with physician's orders.
- Intervenes by obtaining body fluid specimens and performing
EKG's using proper techniques and procedures.
- Communicates information to ancillary departments using
established referral process.
- Implements treatment plans as ordered by the physician.
- Intervenes with proper techniques, procedures and available
- Assists the physician or physician assistant in medical or
minor surgical procedures as necessary and/or requested to meet
individual needs of patients.
- Implements nutrition and therapeutic diet plan as ordered by
physician or physician assistant.
- Intervenes with proper techniques and procedures and available
resources of therapeutic diets and nutrition as established by the
- Utilizes knowledge and available resources of therapeutic diets
and nutrition as established by the Facility.
- Documents' nursing encounters utilizing the Problem Oriented
Medial Records format of charting as required by the Facility.
- Communicates information to other nursing staff, Health Care
Unit physicians, physician assistants, Health Care Unit supervisory
personnel, and department correctional officers and
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients. The duties
and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only;
employees may be assigned other duties as required. ENVIRONMENTAL
CONDITIONS Standard medical setting in a correctional facility,
which included daily interfacing with inmates/patients,
correctional staff, and health care personnel. May be exposed to
such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, radiation,
chemotherapeutic agents, and disoriented or combative patients.
TRAVEL: None LICENSING: Current state RN license CERTIFICATION:
Current CPR certification EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited
nursing school PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year experience
preferred but not required EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Wexford Health, Erie , Full-Time Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!