Company: Asbury Communities
Posted on: August 10, 2019
Join the team at Springhill Senior Living, Erie PA's premier
continuing care retirement community.
We have an opportunity forPart-Time LPNCharge Nurse inOakview
Personal Care. The Charge Nurse, LPN provides direct and non-direct
nursing care activities as assigned and within the scope of the
nursing license practice. Assesses and monitors residents' health
Springhill is committed to celebrating and encouraging a meaningful
work - life balance for associates. We offer a verycompetitive
total compensation package, including anexcellent 401k retirement
savings plan andPaid Time Off (PTO). Our associates have access
tofitness facilities, classes and cafeteria, all on our beautiful
property. We celebrate diversity, promote spiritual growth and
wellness, and encourage career advancement through a wide range of
educational classes and mentorship programs.
Hours for this position are as follows:
- 30 hours/pay (15 hours/week)
An Asbury Community, Springhill is a leading Continuing Care
Retirement Community in Erie, Pennsylvania. The Asbury network of
residences is a vibrant community that has been creating career
opportunities since 1926, and we're always growing stronger. Asbury
is committed to enhancing the lives of adults age 55 plus. If a
career providing compassionate care and service to older adults,
appeals to you, we encourage you to explore employment
opportunities with us.
- Performs direct and non-direct nursing care activities as
assigned and within the scope of the nursing license practice.
Assesses and monitors Resident's health status daily.
- Answers Resident's voice of health promptly to attend to needs
of the Resident.
- Utilizes radio, voice of help beeper and other equipment
- Understands and carries out responsibilities using the disaster
- Interacts with Resident's pharmacy to ensure proper meds and
orders are obtained punctually and/or follow up within the
physician and POA is initiated.
- Serves as an effective mentor to newer associates.
- Attends and actively participates in monthly in-service and
- Is punctual in completing responsibilities including paperwork
and requests from other departments.
- Provides introductions and orientation to the community for all
- Reports updates, changes and needs in Residents health and
overall care to the Director of Health Services or Health Services
- Follows up with the physician, family or POA regarding a
Residents change in condition, abnormal labs, test, or any other
- Provides complete and accurate taped shift report and follow
- Maintains accurate, concise and timely 24 hour nurse report on
a daily basis. Charts nursing notes that reflects the care provided
to the Resident and the Residents response to care using only
authorized abbreviations established by Springhill.
- Completes admission, transfer and/or discharge of residents
including verbal report according to policy and procedure.
- Oversees direct care nursing staff to ensure that associates
are performing work in accordance with acceptable standards of
practice. Addresses performance issues with the associate and
- Takes complete and accurate verbal orders from physicians,
records and transcribes accurately and according to policy.
- Reviews monthly medication& treatment records for completeness
of information, accuracy in the transcription of physician orders,&
adherence to stop order policies; signs and dates all entries made
in medical record and MAR.
- Completes all incident reports, submits to the Director of
Health Services in a timely manner; documents in residents' medical
record and follows up with family.
- Administers medication and/or oversees self-administration,
using the five rights. Ensures that drug& narcotic records are
accurate, signed& up to date for each shift; notifies Director of
Health Services of all discrepancies; appropriately disposes of
expired or discontinued drugs& narcotics
- Administers all professional medical services within state
regulations and Springhill policy and guidelines.
- Volunteers and demonstrates active participation in campus wide
and departmental committees.
- Follows established safety regulations, to include fire
protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
blood/bodily fluids, and good personal hygiene.
- Is aware of Resident rights and demonstrates a respect for our
Residents and these rights.
- Adheres to Standards of Attendance.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Two (2) years of Medical/Surgical, Rehab or Geriatric Nursing
- Completion of approved practical nursing program.
- Current Pennsylvania State
- Certification in Medication Administration.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies /
personnel and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
the position, including possible frequent interruptions during the
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment necessary for
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to maintain a rapport with the residents and their
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess the ability to plan and organize nursing care
- Must be able to perform the essential physical task of lifting,
turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and
out of bed, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, and recliners. Must be
able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly during shift.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
- Must be able to cooperate and work effectively with other
nursing unit staff and members of the care plan team.
- Must be able to operate a computer or have the ability to
become proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or related
- Will work in a well-lit and ventilated area.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours.
- The healthcare environment is one that requires 24 hour, 7 day
coverage. Therefore working weekends and rotating shifts may be
- May be subject to exposure to infectious waste, disease
conditions (e.g. TB, AIDS, Hepatitis B Virus, etc.) and hazardous
Keywords: Asbury Communities, Erie , LPN, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!