Respiratory Therapist - RT - PRN
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Employer is seeking a PRN/Per Diem--Respiratory Therapist (RT) to
join our Rehab team, at St. Mary's Home Asbury Ridge located in
Erie, PA. As a Respiratory Therapist for Employer, you will be
responsible for the performance and tracking of all professional
respiratory service functions within the assigned centers.-- You
will also educate staff, residents, and healthcare providers in the
function of respiratory equipment and procedures.----For more than
20 years, Employer has been providing an outstanding work
environment for talented employees to--deliver patient-centered
care to the geriatric population in--senior-living and
Want to start the conversation now?-- Text RTPRN to 40458!
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge and proficiency in
respiratory therapy and use of equipment that provide oxygen
therapy, aerosol and humidity therapy, Intermittent Positive
Pressure Breathing (IPPB) therapy, Chest Physical Therapy (CPT),
artificial airway care, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), nasal
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)/Bi-level Positive Airway
Pressure (BiPAP) and apnea monitoring.
- Provide education and support on all equipment as set out above
to patient, their families, and community staff.
- Utilize pulmonary rehab techniques to promote pulmonary
independence and improve Activities of Daily Living
- Complete daily activities as assigned in sufficient quantity to
achieve a high level of work productivity within the
- Complete documentation with SOAP format, including Screening,
Assessments, Plans of Care and Outcome Measures.
- Communicate assessments and observations to nursing staff,
physicians, rehab manager and inter-disciplinary team of community.
Provide intervention of respiratory care per physician
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- PRN or Per diem schedule
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion,
you may be scheduled to work at any other Employer Rehab client
community, provided the other community is within a reasonable
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP), Registered Respiratory
Therapist (RRT), or Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT)
with National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) credentials and a
valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Hospital, long-term care, sub-acute care or home care
experience; minimum two years.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task,
prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
Why work at Employer?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership
Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have
an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending
accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition
Keywords: Symbria, Erie , Respiratory Therapist - RT - PRN, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!