Clinician Rehab Liaison (Per Diem)
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: April 13, 2019
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of
the Nations largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed
to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our
modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is
situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing
care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of
northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique
rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national
leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes
more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated
staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest
possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Eries specialized care
includes neuro-rehabilitation treatment programs that are led by
our program medical director who is board certified in internal
medicine, neurology, EMG, neuro-rehabilitation, and vascular
neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and
neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain
stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal
baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation
program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for
recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal
Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy. In addition to caring for
general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac,
pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, Encompass
Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient
programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as
Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome,
trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include
onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian
evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support.We
currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty
Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury,
Orthopedics, and Parkinsons Disease. The Rehab Liaison is
responsible for developing census as defined through targeted goals
of the business plan and developing referral relationships within
the geographic territory with an emphasis on face-to-face contacts.
In addition, the liaison will assist with coordination of referral
to admission conversion process and represent our company in
community-related activities. In addition, the position:
- Utilizes market analysis data in individual territory
identifying new business and potential opportunities.
- Recognizes barriers to admission, responds appropriately and
follows up on admissions variables.
- Understands healthcare operations, legal guidelines,
competitive analysis, and market place trends
- Provides in-services and professional presentations for
referral sources, community groups and other organizations,
regarding our company's services, programs and outcomes. The Rehab
Liaison creates an environment and culture that enables the
hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and
patient-centered treatment. What types of patients will you see? We
are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our
patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to
us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord
injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid
arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement,
fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary
conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home. We
use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We
utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment
interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes
database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome
reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient
outcomes. Helping you become better is critical to our success -
You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as
external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of
full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and
medical staff; and we offer educational benefits if you are
interested in continuing your education. Location: 143 East Second
Street, Erie, PA 16507 Job Code: 100149License or
- Current driver's license in state employed and acceptable driving
record according to company policy
- Current State Professional License (RN, LPN, PT, OT, SLP, RT)
- Current CPR certification preferred
- CRRN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as clinician or tech in healthcare
- Minimum 1 year experience as nurse liaison or successful sales
experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Familiarity with acute hospital, rehab hospitals, and local
healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable
assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling
are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training
requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training
purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at Corporate
Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Job ID: 1913377
Keywords: Encompass Health, Erie , Clinician Rehab Liaison (Per Diem), Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!