Posted on: March 15, 2019
Millcreek Township, PA (5039 Peach Street)
Healthcare - RT/MA
General Position Summary:
The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff. The successful Medical Assistant will have strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
* Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
* An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
Patient Care (75%):
* Complete provider orders per clinical functions by position. (State applicable)
* Perform Clinical Intake with patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history.
* Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
* Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
* Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
* Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
* Complete patient referrals daily.
* Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
* Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
* Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
* Maintains HIPAA at all times.
* Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education (15%):
* Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT, UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
* Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures, following policy and procedure guidelines.
* Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
* Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of care.
* Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
* Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
* Complete all assigned training.
Center Readiness and Maintenance (10%):
* Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
* Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
* Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
* Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
* Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
* Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
* Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
* Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
* Center Manager and all Center Team members, including providers and non-providers.
* Clinical & Business Operations Leaders.
* Administrative Offices support teams, including clinical and business operations leaders and training staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Completion of medical assistant training program and relevant clinical experience is strongly preferred.
* If a program has not been completed, a minimum of 3 years direct patient care experience performing medical assistant clinical duties in an urgent care, physician practice, or emergency room setting is required.
* Direct experience with the following tasks:
* Clinical intake, patient data collection (e.g. chief complaint, allergies, medical history including current medications, social history, vital signs, etc.).
* Laboratory specimen collection (blood-draw/venipuncture, urine collection, point of care testing, etc.).
* Performing EKG testing.
* Application of orthopedic devices, such as preformed splints.
* Performing basic wound care.
* Review of basic instructions such as use of patient assistive devices (crutch fitting & walking).
* Depending on each state s regulations, certification and all other applicable requirements by law, including but not limited to all state requirements, licenses, etc. are required in specific states.
* Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings.
* If required by state must maintain current certification from the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), or any other recognized certifying body approved by the Board.
* Prior experience with employer health services preferred, but not required (i.e. urine drug screens, breath alcohol, DOT physicals, etc.).
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Generally scheduled 12-hour shifts, hours may vary based on location and business needs. Hiring manager will provide details.
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Keywords: MedExpress, Erie , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!