Rehab Liaison (Per Diem)
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: February 9, 2019
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nations largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York. During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home. Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Eries specialized care includes neuro-rehabilitation treatment programs that are led by our program medical director who is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, EMG, neuro-rehabilitation, and vascular neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy. In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome, trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support. We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinsons Disease. The Rehab Liaison is responsible for developing census as defined through targeted goals of the business plan and developing referral relationships within the geographic territory with an emphasis on face-to-face contacts. In addition, the liaison will assist with coordination of referral to admission conversion process and represent our company in community-related activities. In addition, the position:
- Utilizes market analysis data in individual territory identifying new business and potential opportunities.
- Recognizes barriers to admission, responds appropriately and follows up on admissions variables.
- Understands healthcare operations, legal guidelines, competitive analysis, and market place trends
- Provides in-services and professional presentations for referral sources, community groups and other organizations, regarding our company's services, programs and outcomes. The Rehab Liaison creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.Helping you become better is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; and we offer educational benefits if you are interested in continuing your education. Location: 143 East Second Street, Erie, PA 16507 EXPERIENCE ENCOMPASS HEALTH Job Code: 100149 License or Certification:
- Current driver's license in state employed and acceptable driving record according to company policy
- Current State Professional License required
- Current CPR certification preferred
- CRRN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as clinician or tech in healthcare environment preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as nurse liaison or successful sales experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Familiarity with acute hospital, rehab hospitals, and local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at Corporate Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Keywords: Encompass Health, Erie , Rehab Liaison (Per Diem), Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!