Respiratory Therapist - RT - PRN
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Overview Symbria is has a PRN/Per Diem opportnity for a Respiratory Therapist (RT) on our Rehab team at Sarah A. Reed Retirement Center, a Continuing Care Retirement Community(CCRC)/Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) in Erie, PA. As one of the few 100% employee-owned companies in healthcare, our business practices are guided strictly by the values to which our employee owners are committed to. For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings. Our Respiratory Therapist (RT)'s are accountable for the performance and tracking of all professional respiratory service functions within the assigned centers. Educates staff, residents, and healthcare providers in the function of respiratory equipment and procedures. Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge and proficiency in respiratory therapy and use of equipment that provide oxygen therapy, aerosol and humidity therapy, Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing (IPPB) therapy, Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), artificial airway care, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)/Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP) and apnea monitoring.
- Provide education and support on all equipment as set out above to patient, their families, and community staff.
- Utilize pulmonary rehab techniques to promote pulmonary independence and improve Activities of Daily Living (ADL's).
- Complete daily activities as assigned in sufficient quantity to achieve a high level of work productivity within the community.
- Complete documentation with SOAP format, including Screening, Assessments, Plans of Care and Outcome Measures.
- Communicate assessments and observations to nursing staff, physicians, rehab manager and inter-disciplinary team of community. Provide intervention of respiratory care per physician order.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as indicated and submit in a timely manner. Work Schedule
- PRN/Per Diem
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion, you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client community, provided the other community is within a reasonable traveling distance. Qualifications
- Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP), Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), or Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT) with National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) credentials and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Hospital, long-term care, sub-acute care or home care experience; minimum two years.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service. Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement. EOE #CB
Keywords: Symbria, Erie , Respiratory Therapist - RT - PRN, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!