Manager, Pharmacy Operations
Company: Saint Vincent Hospital
Posted on: November 6, 2018
Site Description: Position at Allegheny Health Network – Saint Vincent Hospital, Erie, PA Saint Vincent Hospital, is a 371-bed community hospital, founded in 1875 and recognized as Erie’s choice to receive healthcare. As a member of the Allegheny Health Network, Saint Vincent Hospital is committed to serving Erie and the northwestern Pennsylvania region. From our hospital, to specialty diagnostic and outpatient facilities, we are committed to the highest quality patient care, while providing a continuum of services including primary care, specialty services, outpatient surgery, and cancer care. The pharmacy provides comprehensive services including inpatient, outpatient, and ambulatory care pharmacy services. Allegheny Health Network is an integrated delivery network focused on preserving health care choice and providing affordable, high-quality care to the people in our communities. With more than 14,000 employees including 7,400 health care professionals, nearly 200 primary care and specialty care practices, Allegheny Health Network includes seven hospitals in Pennsylvania with nearly 2,400 licensed beds. Job Description : Participates in the development, planning, implementation, and operation of departmental projects and services; works with pharmacy director to establish short and long range departmental goals and objectives; assumes responsibility for day-to-day hospital pharmacy operations and assists with systems, regulatory requirements and performance improvement. Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, implements, and controls the preparation, distribution, and data processing activities and operations in pharmacy. Responsible to ensure that operational processes and hospital's standards and objectives are being met. Recommends, develops and implements short and long-range plans to streamline and maintain operations.
- Develops operational guidelines and introduction and education of new products and procedures to the staff.
- Supervises the activities of pharmacy staff in conjunction with the pharmacist. Clarifies work expectations, and promotes staff cooperation.
- Performs the duties of a Pharmacy Practice Supervisor or Pharmacist as needed.
- Assists with the development, implementation and administration of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assists with personnel activities including interviewing, staffing, corrective action, and performance appraisals.
- Participates in performance improvement and regulatory compliance efforts and maintains an attitude that promotes and fosters an environment of safety. Assists in the development and implementation of performance improvement initiatives and oversight of regulatory requirements.
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy with the preparation and monitoring of the annual labor and non-labor budgets. Assists in the development and implementation of plans to control costs, including as necessary assurance that all patient daily billing is completed accurately. Assists with 340B management as applicable.
Keywords: Saint Vincent Hospital, Erie , Manager, Pharmacy Operations, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!