Certified Nursing Assistant - TCU (Casual)
Posted on: January 24, 2023
DescriptionDaylight Shift (8 and 12 hour shifts)This position
will work every other weekendPurpose:Provides routine resident care
and support services in accordance with established policies and
procedures, and as may be directed by the nurse or physician to
assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be
provided at all times.Responsibilities:
- Maintain current CPR certification. Constructively receives
feedback and direction. Identify and communicates learning needs to
the unit manager. Take action to improve knowledge, skills and
performance. Request assistance in planning and prioritizing
activities as needed. Participate in self-review as requested by
the unit manager.
- May apply, monitor and remove resident restraints as per
physician or facility protocol. Provide diversional activities to
reduce or prevent use of restraints. Document in the medical record
according to established procedures.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard
precautions and understands policies and procedures for blood borne
pathogen exposure. Strictly adhere to all policies and practices
relative to resident care and facility related information.
Responds within the scope of the nursing assistant role to emergent
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate
department. Establish appropriate and effective communication
strategies. Establish professional and respectful interpersonal
relationships. Contribute to the universal unit activities
including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and
telephones, passing meal trays and transporting residents.
- Provide direct resident care as directed by the RN and LPN
including all activities of daily living such as bathing, feeding,
dressing, transporting, toileting and ambulating residents.
- Maintain an environment conducive to resident safety and
recovery including, but not limited to, completing safety checks,
keeping the department and resident rooms clean and organized,
cleaning department specific equipment, changing bed linens,
emptying linen hampers, keeping hallways clear of equipment and
returning equipment to proper storage.
- Responds to resident needs and calls in timely manner. Acquire
and distribute supplies and equipment to facilitate resident care
delivery including, but not limited to, ordering,
charging/crediting supplies, setting up resident care equipment
within the scope of the nursing assistant position and stocking
resident rooms and unit supply areas.
- Deliver resident nourishments and assist with feeding as
needed; fills water pitchers. Perform routine tests such as
resident weights, vital signs and Intake &Outputs.
- Provide feedback to the RN/LPN regarding resident care and
reports changes in resident status in timely manner.
- Suggest and support changes within the department. Assume
responsibility for assignment and views problems as challenges.
Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in
writing.Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- If entering position as part of CNA training program, employee
has 120 days to obtain CNA
- Students entering Nurse Aide Training classes who have
residency in PA must have a Photo ID with a PA address
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Certified Nursing Assistant - TCU (Casual), Healthcare , Seneca, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!