Hospice On-Call and Triage Registered Nurse - Weekend
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Caregiving is Our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do - On Call Triage - Saturday 8am - Monday 8am -
Responsible for providing after-hours and weekend on-call nursing
service. Responds to telephone requests for assistance by
addressing the request by telephone or by making a visit that
includes skilled assessment and interventions.
- Demonstrates competency in skills required by the agency for
patient care. Has received specialty program education and has
completed satisfactory competency.
- Communicates significant findings, problems, changes in
condition or environment to the clinical manager/physician and
other members of the hospice care team.
- Assesses and reassesses physical, environmental and emotional
factors to determine hospice needs.
- Utilizes the patient's plan of care to maintain continuity of
patient care by communication with appropriate staff.
- Answers all incoming calls in a manner appropriate to the
nature of the call, completes admits, and makes follow-up visits on
patients admitted the day prior; as necessary. Handles referrals
and inquiries for services, rapidly identifies the caller's needs,
and takes proper action to assure the caller's needs are
- Maintains flow of communication between in-house staff, field
staff and other departments, for coordination of activities and
- Conducts follow up with all hospice office by phone and fax
machine to ensure quality of care and notifies Administrator and/or
- Initiates appropriate palliative nursing procedures.
Administers medications and treatments in accordance with the
patient's plan of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and IDT to meet
the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains physician
orders as required.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient care
progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to
policies. Submits accurate documentation in timely manner. Records
pain/symptom management and changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Utilizes a combination of agency resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and
symptom management and high-quality end-of-life care.
- Participates in agency performance improvement
- Utilizes enterprise teaching materials in patient/family
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT)
conferences with attendance requirements per DOO.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
Nurse. An employee in this role is only able to provide clinical
guidance to patients in states in which the employee possesses a
current, unencumbered license. May possess either a single state
license in each non-compact state and/or a compact license in their
state of residence that is accepted in all Nurse License Compact
(NLC) participating states.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The
mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have
one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in
other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each
state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in
a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- One (1+) year of nursing experience.
- Current CPR certification.
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements
relative to age specific needs.
- Knowledge of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of
terminally ill patients and their caregivers.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet;
e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting
programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation
buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services
and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Erie , Hospice On-Call and Triage Registered Nurse - Weekend, Healthcare , Waterford, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!