Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description Purpose: Performs imaging procedures at a technical
level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a
variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment,
ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for
diagnostic purposes. Responsibilities:
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures as necessary and
adheres strictly to the universal protocol standards.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are
properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are
properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and
all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- May be responsible for High Level Disinfection of devices,
supplies and/or equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to
patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to
help allay the patient?s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient
identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing
procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders,
applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the
acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record
- Performs a variety of technical ultrasound procedures,
correlating appropriate patient history, laboratory data, and
physical findings, for the purpose of assisting in a patient?s
medical diagnosis under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients
and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening,
dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the
department and all other departments to expedite patient care
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures
and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications
and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image
data/documentation. Completes procedures according to
- Obtains appropriate image documentation of cross-sectional
anatomy in all body planes demonstrating anatomy, anatomical
relationships and ultrasonic characteristics of normal and abnormal
tissues and obtains and correlates ultrasonic measurements of
structures/organs with data charts, anatomical normal measurements
and computer data programs, where applicable. Qualifications
- Completion of formal training in an Ultrasound program
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
Education Programs (CAAHEP) required.
- OB/GYN experience preferred Licensure, Certifications, and
Clearances: RDMS Registered required. CPR or BLS preferred. CPR
required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and
skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Sonographer, Healthcare , Franklin, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!