PT Dentist in Erie PA
Company: Wexford Health Sources Inc
Posted on: January 11, 2022
General Dentistry opening in Erie, Pennsylvania. This and other
dentist jobs brought to you by DentistJobCafe.com
A Dentist, licensed in the state of Pennsylvania, is responsible
and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the
dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to
patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals,
Now hiring PT ( 8 hours a week) Dentist in Westmoreland County
Clinical supervision provided by Medical Director and
administrative supervision provided by Health Services
All healthcare unit staff, patients, security staff, administrative
and support staff, consulting physicians and dentists, regional
team members and corporate staff as necessary.
1. Provides overall supervision of the dental department including
hiring, coaching, counseling, administering discipline and
termination of subordinate staff as needed.
2. Provides preventive and restorative treatment to all
3. Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as
4. Performs all general dentistry services including, but not
limited to restorative, surgical, periodontal, endodontic and
prosthodontic services as described by facility policy.
5. Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for
prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene
program, completing appropriate records accurately and all
procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
6. Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed
on-site at facility.
7. Provides supervision of staff in instruction of inmates in
preventive practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
8. Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
9. Participate in staff development programs.
10. Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
11. Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
12. Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Medical
Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
13. Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the
delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and
oversight to the dental staff and programs.
14. Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective
treatments according to priority and availability.
15. Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and
ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of
greater priority services.
16. Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms,
utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e.,
18. Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
19. Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensure current copy is on
file in the Health Care Unit.
20. Responsible for dental office security to include instrument,
medicine and needle counts.
21. Responsible to ensure appropriate and quality orientation for
all newly hired dental staff.
22. Notifies the Wexford Health Staffing Department of vacant or
upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists
the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions.
23. Is familiar with overtime and commodities budgets and works to
remain within budget.
24. Complies with and enforces Wexford Health/Facility policy and
procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
25. Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs
other related duties as required or assigned.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Essential duties are routinely performed in a general office and
clinical environment. Duties may require work in at a station/desk
and entail paperwork, use of computers, fax machines, copiers, and
other business machines and medical equipment. Essential duties may
require the following physical demands: may be required to lift
and/or move persons, carts, emergency equipment or other objects;
vision to read printed materials and computer screen; walking;
reaching; carrying; stooping; bending; squatting; balancing;
prolonged sitting; handling (hand movement); hearing and speech to
communicate in person and over the telephone; intellectual skills
including short and long term memory, abstract reasoning, and
Must be able to ambulate throughout the facility for extended
periods of time; specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision and distant vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception,and the ability to adjust focus; must be
able to clearly communicate orally and via written and typed
correspondence and notes using various forms, records, charts, and
electronic media.This position may require rotating assignments,
operating on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week schedule where employee
is subject to working non-traditional hours, either voluntarily or
via mandate, on occasion as needed.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving
throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources Inc, Erie , PT Dentist in Erie PA, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!