Clinical Health Services Administrator - RN
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies, provides clients with
experienced management and technologically advanced services,
combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered
proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral
health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting,
claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Health Services
Administrator to join our team of healthcare professionals at Erie
County Prison in Erie, PA.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account POSITION
The Health Services Administrator consults with the Regional
Manager or designee regarding routine institutional issues of an
administrative nature, discussing issues of a complex or unusual
clinical nature involving patient management with the Wexford
Health Medical Director.
The Health Services Administrator is responsible for effectively
and efficiently managing the institution's overall health care
delivery system by:
- Acting as a liaison between Health Services and the
institutional administration, department heads and subordinates, as
well as with the Corporate Office.
- Monitoring the delivery of health services in coordination with
medical records, nursing, lab, x-ray, etc. as it pertains to the
- Adhering to institutional policies and procedures to comply
with administrative directives of the facility.
- Monitoring all health service contract activity.
- Monitoring of the institutional health services budget with the
Wexford Health Regional Manager.
- Supervising requisition of supplies and equipment, or
overseeing such activities to assure appropriate availability.
- Maintaining Health Care Unit property and equipment control
records as required.
- Developing and maintaining medical and office supply PAR levels
while overseeing the routine maintenance of perpetual inventories
of medical supplies.
- Coordinating the review and approval of all facility vendor
- Adhering to the corrective eyewear policy while ensuring timely
distribution of corrective eyewear.
- Approving monthly statistical reports and ensuring timely
- Conducting periodic department health and staff meetings, and
attending facility meetings and training as required.
- Providing for the routine meetings and functions required by
administrative directives, including Quality Assurance, Chronic
Clinics, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Health Care Unit Staff
Meetings. Submit meeting minutes as appropriate.
- Directing orientation to the facility, the institution, and
in-service educational programs for health service staff, to comply
with the facility, ACA and NCCHC standards, as applicable.
- Working jointly with the facility training staff to ensure that
appropriate training in CPR and First Aid is available to comply
with the facility and Wexford policy.
- Performing personnel functions, and supervising the performance
of contract staff, to include staff adherence to job descriptions,
conducting annual evaluations, recommending and administering
employee discipline, etc.
- Assisting in recruitment of qualified health services staff in
conjunction with the Corporate Human Resources department.
Participate in interviewing and hiring of contract staff, and
approving final selection of new employees.
- Facilitating the resolution of health care unit personnel
issues or complaints, and/or directly intervening in problem areas
to ensure prompt resolution.
- Scheduling and/or approving all leave time (vacation, personal
business, sick, training, meetings, etc.) and compiling monthly
administrative and clinical schedules in a timely and accurate
- Assisting in confidential maintenance and safekeeping of all
medical records and information.
- Evaluating and responding to Corporate Risk Management
Department inquiries, complaints or grievances by patients.
- Actively participating and assisting in maintaining all ACA
standards. Resolving audit findings by the development,
implementation and monitoring of corrective action plans.
- Overseeing interactions with medical specialists. Supervise
scheduling of patients for outside appointments. Work with the
Medical Director to assure successful coordination of collegial
review and Utilization Management process.
- Attending facility HSA/Medical Director meetings, or other
activities as scheduled.
- Complying with all institutional security regulations and codes
- Coordinating staffing issues with union representatives, as
appropriate and performing labor relations functions.
- Performing other duties as assigned. The duties and
responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only;
employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving
throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current state RN license required.
- Current CPR certification
- CCHP preferred. EDUCATION:
- Post-secondary education required, preferably in a health care
- Associate's degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum
Three (3) years clinical administrative experience preferably in a
health care setting.
Keywords: Wexford Health, Erie , Clinical Health Services Administrator - RN, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!