Office Assistant I - Great Lakes Surgical Specialists
Posted on: November 19, 2021
UPMC Great Lakes Surgical Specialists is currently hiring an
office assistant to join their team!
- Status: Full Time
- Hours: 8-4:30
- Days: M-F
Responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments in an
efficient and timely manner. Assists customers in person and on the
phone, providing information, and communicating with various
departments. Obtains and enters complete demographic and insurance
- Verify necessary information and records in the medical record
and computerized scheduling system.
- Schedule, coordinate, and reschedule patient's appointments.
Relay necessary messages to staff and providers.
- Greet and register patients in a polite, prompt, helpful
manner. Provide any necessary instructions/directions. Inform
appropriate department/person of person's arrival performing
appropriate check-in and check-out functions.
- Maintain clean, orderly waiting area including beverage area
and reading materials.
- Prepare patient charts for upcoming appointments.
- Answer telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides
- Maintain and update current information on physician's
schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and
appointments are confirmed.
- Complete necessary paperwork such as encounter forms and
referrals. Use computer system to generate information necessary
- Answer questions regarding patient appointments and
- Complies with all UPMC Health System policies and
procedures.Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical
records and other data.
- Utilize appropriate modules of the automated financial
management system for scheduling, information verification,
entering charges, co-payment collection/ reconciliation and other
- High school diploma or GED is required.1
- year work experience, preferably in a medical office
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Word processing and
computer experience preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards
package cares for you in all areas of life - because we believe
that you're at your best when receiving the support you need:
professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep
us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety ,
Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity
, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive,
positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan
members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Office Assistant I - Great Lakes Surgical Specialists, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!