MENTAL HEALTH AIDE
Company: Abraxas Youth & Family Services
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Facility: -ABRAXAS ICompensation Base: -$15.00 an hour - $18.54
an hourCompensation Bonus (if applicable): -$3,000 Sign on
BonusEqual Opportunity Employer.$3,000 Sign on BonusAbraxas Youth
and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of
residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for
troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of
services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive
behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment,
case management services, recreational activities as well as
vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to
start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED,
military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced
degree. - If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice,
psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a
difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at
Abraxas Youth and Family Services.Summary: -The primary function of
the Mental Health Aide is to supervise clients with chronic or
acute mental disorders during the sleeping hours in a manner that
ensures their safety and security.Essential Functions:
- Conducts random /unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum
of once every twelve minutes) to ensure client location.
- Conducts outside building security checks.
- Complete security calls to Night Supervisor.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedure for the
program/facility i.e. curfew, lights out, fire/safety, cleanliness,
control, and supply inventory.
- Provides for physical safety and security of clients while
under staff member supervision..
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client
- Assists with the mentoring and training of new level staff
- Reports significant client changes in behavior, attitude, or
physical condition to higher-level staff members.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including
emergency situations such as evacuation, CPR, or first aid.
- Assists with suppressing and controlling problems that occur
within the program/facility.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to ensure
regulatory compliance with current departmental practices and meet
guidelines as outlined by outside referral and licensing
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local licensing, and
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the
Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management
techniques and skills.Non-Essential Functions:
- None -Job Requirements:Minimum Requirements: -The following
educational requirements are acceptable for this classification
- High School Diploma or GED.Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.Criminal clearances (Act
33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary,
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Ability to work overtime as
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours. -
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
hour period. -
Keywords: Abraxas Youth & Family Services, Erie , MENTAL HEALTH AIDE, Healthcare , Marienville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!