Posted on: November 19, 2021
DISCOVER A CAREER OF SERVICE, DISCOVER
CORECIVIC!Clinically-Focused, Patient-Centered, Evidence-BasedWhen
you join our health services team as a provider, nurse, or mental
health professional, you are able to focus on what led you into
health care to begin with - providing quality, patient centered
care while building a successful career. At CoreCivic, we do more
than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently
seeking Registered Nurses (PRN) who have a passion for providing
the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The
Registered Nurse (RN) plans and provides comprehensive nursing care
including, but not limited to, executing Licensed Independent
Provider's orders, dispensing and administering medications, and
assisting Licensed Independent Provider in examinations and
treatment of patients. Applies nursing and supervisory techniques
required in the care, treatment, and referrals of
inmates/residents. Performs all technical/clinical procedures
within the scope of his/her education and licensure.The successful
candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions
at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents;
prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare
examining room and equipment
- Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or
injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer
inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate
healthcare facilities as required by their condition.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed
Independent Provider for treatment orders.
- Provide guidance, supervise and monitor nursing care provided
by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed
medical staff.More about CoreCivic!Headquartered in Nashville,
Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the
leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, We operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high-quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to the government and the
people they serve;
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you. Each CoreCivic
facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature
kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational
training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing
units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we
provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day.
Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are
able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security
around the clock. Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing
program with a degree/diploma in nursing.
- Must possess current licensure in the state of employment.
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Erie , RN (PRN), Healthcare , Conneaut, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!