Clinical Supervisor (Crossroads - Erie, PA)
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:This individual is responsible for planning,
developing, implementing, and evaluating the program's clinical
treatment services and providing clinical supervision to the
program's clinical and counseling staff. The Clinical Supervisor
works closely with the Program Director to train, supervise, and
direct credentialed staff delivering clinical services.Additional
duties may include, but are not limited to, planning evidence-based
therapeutic activities; providing counseling services to clients
and members of their families; guiding lower-level staff in
planning therapeutic activities, sessions, and work projects; and
supervising the planning, review and updating of client's program
or treatment plans.Work is performed with considerable independence
in accordance with established regulations, policies, and
procedures. Work is reviewed by the Program Director to whom he/she
- Treat all clients and staff with dignity and respect.
- Develop, implement, and monitor training and plans for clinical
staff based on the needs of clients and the facility; training must
be reflective of best practices and congruent with state
regulations and licensing entities.
- Implements treatment schedule to promote appropriate clinical
- Provide close supervision of counselors and therapists and of
required documentation including electronic client records,
treatment entries, etc., in accordance with established policies,
which comply with licensing, funding and regulatory agencies.
- Intervene in difficult cases and approve all referrals to
- Supervise aftercare component of treatment.
- Attend, participate, and when necessary, facilitate meetings
and special events such as retreats, trips, workshops, etc.
- Maintain a small client caseload, when necessary.
- Support and demonstrate adherence to Gaudenzia's Code of
Ethics, Code of Conduct and all personnel policies and
- Maintain appropriate professional certificates and
- Be responsible for the facility when the Director is
unavailable.Qualifications:Education, Training, and
Experience:Delaware Education/ Licensure Requirements:
- Must have, at minimum, a Bachelor's degree from an accredited
college or university with a major in social work, counseling,
chemical dependency, nursing, or a related field of study and full
certification as CADC or CCDP in the state of Delaware or by a
nationally recognized organization in addictions counseling.
- Five years of documented clinical experience in the field of
SUD treatment can be substituted for certification.Maryland
Education/ Licensure Requirements:
- Must have, at minimum, a Master's degree from an accredited
college or university in social work, counseling, psychology, or
equivalent field plus specialized training in supervision.
- The following licensure is required: LCPC, LCADC, or CAC-AD
with supervisor's letter from the Board of Professional Counselors
and Therapists or LCSW-C from the Board of Social Work.Pennsylvania
Education/ Licensure Requirements:
- Must have, at minimum, a Master's degree in social work,
counseling, chemical dependency, nursing, medicine, psychology, or
related fields or full certification as addictions counselor (CADC,
CAADC, CAAC, CCJP, CCS) through a statewide certification
- Must also complete department-approved core curriculum training
which includes clinical supervision skills.
- Knowledge of the principles, philosophies, practices, and
procedures of Gaudenzia's treatment programs.
- Knowledge of ASAM criteria and corresponding levels of
- Knowledge of the biopsychosocial characteristics and
maladaptive behaviors of substance use disorder and/or mental
- Considerable knowledge of individual and group behavior and the
effective ways of working with people to produce ongoing
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to identify the needs of clients and to gain their
confidence and cooperation in assisting them to obtain their
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with clients, other members of staff, outside
agencies, institutions and the general public.
- Ability to successfully work with others from various cultures
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in developing,
implementing, interpreting, and evaluating program policies,
procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to exercise administrative and professional supervision
- Knowledge and experience running clinical groups, seminars,
meetings and/or specialized therapeutic groups.
- Skilled at using computers, including familiarity and faculty
with Microsoft Office programs like Word and Excel.
Keywords: Gaudenzia, Erie , Clinical Supervisor (Crossroads - Erie, PA), Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!