Professional Staff Nurse - Operating Room (New Graduates and Experienced Nurses)
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Did you know that UPMC Hamot is a Magnet recognized hospital?
With recent updates to the operating rooms, they use state of the
art technology. If this sounds like something that you want to be a
part of, we invite you to apply today!
We are looking for full-time, Registered Nurses for the main
Operating Room at UPMC Hamot. Whether you are a new graduate, or a
nurse with several years of experience, we'd love to talk to
The Professional Staff Nurse is a valued step in the UPMC nursing
career ladder, with opportunities for continued growth and
advancement. Title and salary will be determined based upon
education and nursing experience.
The Professional Staff Nurse is a Registered Nurse, a member of the
care delivery team, and an individual committed to the community
and to the nursing profession. They have responsibility, authority
and accountability for the provision of nursing care. They manage
and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and
their families through the application of independent judgment,
communication and collaboration with all team members. They
establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians,
other health care providers, patients and their families, to
achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships
internally and externally by demonstrating accountability for
actions, enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to patients and
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural differences and holds
peers accountable for healthy relationships.
Communicates with peers and management any safety hazards
identified in the workplace.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning principles (and/or
teaching children if applicable) and applies in teaching of
patients, families, students and new staff.
- Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and
families to effectively guide them through the episode of care as
well as transition to another level of care and/or home.
- Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry and continuous
development by asking for feedback and improving practice.
- Formulates daily goals and a plan of care for patients that
involves the patient as partner and considers the individual needs
of the patient in a holistic manner.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of
clinical, social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues for
the patient care within an episode of care.
- Practices solid communication skills, and is able to articulate
and translate the patient's condition to other care providers and
to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care
and unit practices.
- Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes
communication between caregivers.
- Incorporates national professional organization as well as
business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety,
quality and satisfaction.
Actively participates in unit-based shared governance, goal setting
and supports the change and transition process to improve quality
of care and the practice environment.
- Actively participates in department or unit-specific quality
improvement efforts. Identifies opportunity for quality improvement
to colleagues and management.
- Takes personal responsibility in improving patient satisfaction
with the quality of care and service.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and
skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to
the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as
- They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of
growth and development over the life span and possess the ability
to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify each patients
requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide
the care needs as described in the department policy and
- Minimum six months experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring
relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician
providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex
environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized
- Good clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and
problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead
others in application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity.
- Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and
positioning of patients.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- UPMC approved national certification preferred.
- Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards
package cares for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we
believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you
need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep
us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety ,
Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity
, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive,
positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan
members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for
this job from a non-mobile device.
Keywords: UPMC, Erie , Professional Staff Nurse - Operating Room (New Graduates and Experienced Nurses), Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!