Registered Nurse, St. Vincent Intensive Care Unit (Full Time)
Company: Allegheny Health Network
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Registered Nurse assesses human responses and plans, implements
and evaluates nursing care for individuals or families for whom the
nurse is responsible. The Registered Nurse is fully responsible for
all actions as a licensed nurse and is accountable to patients for
the quality of care delivered.
* The registered nurse provides leadership in a professional
* Team player who contributes to building the team by helping
others succeed through role modeling and mentoring.
* Assigns or delegates tasks based on the needs of the patient and
skill level of the RN, LPN or support staff. Assigns duties and
lunches for staff when performing charge role.
* Considers maintenance of a safe environment, patient condition,
complexity of the intervention and predictability of the
* Provides peers with both verbal and written feedback regarding
clinical practice and role performance.
* Shares knowledge and skills with peers and colleagues.
* Willingly accepts mistakes of self and others, creating a culture
in which risk taking is not only safe but expected.
* Participates on interdisciplinary team to evaluate clinical care
or health services.
* Promotes patient safety initiatives (ex: National Patient Safety
* Participates in department specific quality initiatives ( ex: EBP
population specific). Assures appropriate order sets are used.
* Supervises delegates and evaluates assigned LPN scope of practice
* Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, evaluate and
implement a patient plan of care according to the individual needs
of the patient as prescribed by physician, nurse and hospital
policy including patient and family.
* Derives culturally and age appropriate expected outcomes
involving the patient, family and other health care providers.
* Analyzes the health status of the individuals and families
comparing the data with the norm, when possible, to determine
patient care needs.
* Assesses patient reports/records change of condition and notifies
physician and/or supervisor and intervenes appropriately and
* Accepts assignments in areas other than primary unit, and
performs duties within individualized competency.
* Demonstrates a commitment to continuous lifelong learning for
self and others.
* Promotes advancement of the profession through participation in
* Seeks both formal and independent learning activities using
current research findings and other evidence to maintain and
develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
* Participates in systematic peer review and obtains informal
feedback regarding one's own practice from patients, peers,
professional colleagues and others. Identifies areas of strength,
as well as, areas in which professional development would be
* Meets time and attendance guidelines per hospital policy.
* Continuously evaluates and assesses patient and family
* Participates I department specific patient satisfaction
* Promotes compassionate communication that is patient and family
* Assesses for and attempts to resolve patient/family concerns.
* Utilizes effective time management skills to complete assigned
duties and responsibilities within established work shift.
* Completed RN training program and have PA RN licensure or have
applied for practice permit
* CPR Certification
* Certification in area of specialty
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work
performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal
standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of
business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access
to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential
customer information that must be protected at all times. In
connection with this, all employees must comply with both the
Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as
described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies
and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established
within the Company's Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and
Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee's responsibility to comply with
the company's Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not
limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules,
and regulations as well as company policies and training
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination
against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other
category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If
you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and
Keywords: Allegheny Health Network, Erie , Registered Nurse, St. Vincent Intensive Care Unit (Full Time), Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!