Company: Asbury Communities
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Discover why we've been certified as a Great Place to Work two
years in a row! An Asbury Community, Springhill is a leading
Continuing Care Retirement Community in Erie, Pennsylvania. The
Asbury network of residences is a vibrant community that has been
creating career opportunities since 1926, and we're always growing
stronger. Asbury is committed to enhancing the lives of adults age
55 plus. If a career providing compassionate care and service to
older adults appeals to you, we encourage you to explore employment
opportunities with us.
Ensuring that we provide a safe and healthy environment for those
who work and live at our communities is our highest priority. We
are proud of the incredible work being done by our associates and
grateful for the support we are receiving from our many residents
and family members as we work through this pandemic together. We
continue to aggressively work to minimize the risks of the COVID-19
virus for residents and associates in our communities.
- Plans, manages and evaluates nursing care on a designated shift
in accordance with current policies, regulations, and guidelines
that govern long-term care facilities.
- Makes daily rounds on the nursing units to ensure that all
nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in
accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Makes written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director
of Nursing as necessary, concerning the operation of the nursing
- Complete accident/ incident and follow-up reports in a timely
manner. Initiates plan-of-action as needed.
- Delegates to each medication/treatment nurse the administrative
authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to perform
his/her assigned duties.
- Ensures that associates comply with the nursing department's
established human resources policies and procedures. Provides
corrective action if necessary.
- Follows department guidelines for staffing and ensures proper
staffing levels at all times.
- Participates in departmental performance evaluations and
performance planning in accordance with the facility's policies and
- Makes emergency and critical care decisions involving resident
and staff; keeping nursing and The Oaks administration
- Ensures that the discharge planning goals defined in the care
plan is communicated to the appropriate staff and that the
interventions to assist the resident in achieving those goals are
- Ensures that nursing staff provide the proper care as stated in
the care plan regarding treatments, medications, diet,
rehabilitative nursing care, and activities of daily
- Assists with the development and completion of the resident
assessment (MDS) in accordance with regulations and
- Communicates appropriately with physician, residents, family
members, Administrator, Director of Nursing, and nursing staff as
appropriate regarding residents' conditions.
- Follows established safety regulations, to include fire
protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
blood/bodily fluids, correct body mechanics, good personal hygiene,
isolation precaution procedures, as well as knowledge of
responsibilities during an emergency.
- Attends and actively participates in all required training and
educational sessions as directed by supervisor. (Relias, Emergency
- Is aware of Resident Rights (as is appropriate for this
position) and demonstrates a respect for our residents and these
- Adheres to Standards of Attendance.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in medical/surgical,
rehab or geriatric nursing including one (1) year experience as a
Charge Nurse in geriatric care with progressive experience in an
administrative and supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations for long-term care
Required license or certification:
- Current Registered Nurse License from the Commonwealth of
- Current CPR certification and evidence of yearly IV therapy
Hiring Bonuses are Available
Keywords: Asbury Communities, Erie , RN Supervisor, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!