Company: Gaudenzia Erie, Inc.
Posted on: October 16, 2020
This individual will be responsible for providing the initial
nursing assessment on all new admissions, utilizing the required
assessment forms within the electronic health record system, and
following up on all clients during treatment. This individual will
also be responsible for arranging necessary visits with Health Care
Providers to complete the initial physical exam and other health
screenings as required by regulations for each level of care. Other
duties will include, but not be limited to, administering
medications and recording this activity in the appropriate medical
chart; arranging and coordinating all medical, dental, and vision
exam appointments; ensuring there are adequate medical supplies;
and securing necessary medical records on all clients.
Work is performed with considerable independence in accordance with
established regulations, policies and procedures of the agency.
Work is also performed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act
and under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (where
applicable), in a coordinated effort with the Program Director,
Nurse Manager and/or Director of Health Services.
1. Treat all clients and staff with dignity and respect.
2. Perform initial nursing assessment for clients within 24 hours
of admission in accordance with established program policies and
3. Arrange appropriate appointments with Health Care Providers to
secure complete physical examinations, as well as required
additional health screenings and supplemental tests.
4. Administer medications, as well supervise the self-administered
medications, where appropriate and allowed by regulation.
5. Maintain adequate inventory of medical supplies and accurate
records of same in compliance with governing regulations and agency
6. Counsel clients on nutrition, health care, self-care, symptom
7. Ensure that clients have appropriate medical coverage to
guarantee safety, adequate care, and provider compliance for
8. Ensure proper storage of supplies as required by regulation.
9. Assist in the facilitation of special events, including, but not
limited to: staff training, staff retreat, workshops and facility
10. Develop and implement health seminars, including, but not
limited to: HIV/AIDS, nutrition, medication education, infectious
diseases, mental health, etc.
11. Participate in treatment/multidisciplinary team meetings, as
12. Implement and assure adherence to infection control policies
13. Provide education for clients regarding health, nutrition,
safety, and medication compliance.
14. Maintain LPN license with good standing.
15. Other related duties as assigned by Nurse Manager or
Education/Training: Graduate of an accredited school of Practical
Nursing. Must have good standing license (LPN) valid in in the
state in which clinical will practice. Must also possess current
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years hands on nursing
- Knowledge of the specific health care issues and co-morbidities
experienced by individuals with substance use disorder and mental
- Knowledge of special population being served, including
individuals with criminal justice involvement, women and children,
homeless, HIV/AIDS, etc.
- Knowledge of basic principles, practices, and procedures
involved in treatment programs.
- Knowledge of correct record keeping in accordance with
regulatory agencies and standards of practice.
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements and practices for
adults and children.
- Knowledge of safe standards of nursing practice.
- Ability to operate electronic health record systems and
accurately record and interpret medical data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to work with clients to gain confidence and
- Ability to successfully work with others from various cultures
- Ability to plan and organize work and prepare appropriate,
accurate records and reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with clients, staff, health care providers, outside
agencies, institutions and the general public.
- Skilled at using computers, including familiarity and faculty
with Microsoft Office programs like Word and Excel.
Keywords: Gaudenzia Erie, Inc., Erie , LPN, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!