Licensed Practical Nurse - $1.5K Sign-on Bonus
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: September 10, 2020
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies, provides clients with
experienced management and technologically advanced services,
combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.
For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered
proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral
health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting,
claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Licensed
Practical Nurse to join our team of healthcare professionals at the
Erie County Prison in Erie, PA.
SHIFT: 3:00PM-10:30PM, EOW and $1,500 Sign on Bonus
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
* Annual review with performance increase
* Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
* Paid holidays
* Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
* Dental and Vision insurance
* 401(k) retirement saving plans
* Company-paid short-term disability
* Healthcare and dependent care spending account
A Licensed Practical nurse licensed in the state of assignment
responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through
the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation. Under the supervision of Registered Nurses, directs and
guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and
Under the supervision of Registered Nurse, assists in the
assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of
patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary in the Housing
* Assists in planning and individual treatment programs by
utilizing available resources in planning care and consults with
registered nurses, physicians and correctional officers.
* Assists in implementing individual treatment programs in the
Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing unit.
* Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
* Implements medical plan through administering medications and
intervention in accordance with physician instructions.
* Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness,
complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory
personnel and physicians, in accordance with physicians orders.
* Uses available in-house resource personnel and departments for
* Respects dignity and confidentiality of patient.
* Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
* Applies and changes dressings.
* Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
* Assists with activities of daily living with special attention to
* Assists in maintaining working and living areas and supplies in
* Serves as a member of a nursing care and treatment team.
* Assists with orientation of new employees.
* Assists physician as assigned.
* Supervises inmates in the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation
of the environment.
* Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Medical Unit within a correctional facility.
LICENSING: Current state LPN license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited nursing school
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of clinical experience
Keywords: Wexford Health, Erie , Licensed Practical Nurse - $1.5K Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!