RN Neighborhood Manager
Company: Presbyterian SeniorCare
Posted on: May 8, 2020
Job Summary The Neighborhood Manager is a Registered Nurse whose
function is to provide quality care and services to skilled nursing
residents.. This individual is to assume responsibility for
healthcare delivery and to supervise the work of other professional
and non-professional employees on all skilled nursing
neighborhoods. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes QAPI driven processes to ensure quality outcomes for
the following: wounds, pain, restraints, falls, psychoactives and
others as indicated.
- Performs administrative duties such as completing medical
forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc. as necessary.
Completes accident/incident reports as necessary. Provides regular
updates to Director of Nursing on all resident care, personnel, and
other neighborhood-related issues. Monitors nurses' notes, RNP, and
nurse aide documentation data for accuracy and completeness.
Monitors all clinical orders to assure completion on a timely
- Consults the resident's physician in primary resident care,
treatment, rehabilitation, etc. as necessary. Notifies the
resident's attending physician and next of kin when there is a
change in the resident's condition.
- Delegates to each staff nurse the administrative authority,
responsibility, and accountability necessary to perform their
- Completes initial infection control tracking in AOD for all
- Assists and monitors completion of the 802 and 672 with
delegation of completion on 11-7 shift.
- Attends and participates in meetings and neighborhood
- Monitors the following reports from the nurse aides
documentation: less than 50% meal intake in 24 hours, no BM in 9
shifts, shower report, and any other report as assigned.
- Responsible for daily review and follow up of 24 hour report
- Manages employee performance, including performance
evaluations, rounding and corrective actions.
- Addresses complaints or concerns made by residents, families,
visitors, and/or staff as needed
- Supervises and assists (as necessary) with the resident meal
service as assigned.
- Assists with the care planning process to ensure all resident
care plans are accurate and up to date. Attends care conferences as
- Commits to continually improving skills through participations
in education opportunities whether offered on the job,
within/without the facility, to increase knowledge of work- related
issues. Provides direct nursing care as necessary, including but
not limited to, providing treatment, medication
- Aspires for leadership excellence as exemplified by employee
engagement, interdepartmental collaboration, and promotion of a
positive work environment.
- Assists in monitoring the department's budget and ensures that
the department is operating in the most cost effective manner.
- Facilitates and creates opportunities for implementation of
innovative approaches to performance improvement.
- Provides guidance and feedback to help others to strengthen
knowledge/skill to accomplish goals or solve problems.
- Commits to provide Person -Centered Care
- Volunteers for and/or cooperatively accepts new responsibility
for special projects or assignment. Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of approved Registered Nurse School of Nursing.
- Minimum one year in a supervisory role. Preferred Education
- Two years of nursing experience.
- Long term care experience.
- Dementia (memory support) experience.
- Wound care certification.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations: Possession of a valid nursing license issued by the
State of Pennsylvania Supervisory Responsibilities Daily management
of RNs, LPNs and CNAs. Nursing manager on call during assigned
rotation. Entire building when serving as House Supervisor.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software
and Word Processing software Other Qualifications Ability to
multi-task, be customer service focused and deal effectively with
all levels of management and employees.
Keywords: Presbyterian SeniorCare, Erie , RN Neighborhood Manager, Healthcare , Erie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!