Director of Corporate Safety
Location: North East
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Director of Corporate Safety is responsible for developing,
implementing, and maintaining the safety processes and providing
overall support and guidance to the trucking and warehouse
divisions. The Director will coordinate with the
Transportation/Warehouse Operations leadership in creating short-
and long-term strategies to build a culture rich in safety and
drive safe behavior. The Director will initiate continuous
improvement and oversee systems and activities to maintain
regulatory compliance, provide training and professional
development for management, operators, drivers, and other personnel
while conducting safety process audits and investigations
throughout the organization. The incumbent will be responsible for
monitoring and achieving performance metrics, safety targets, and
applicable incident rates.
- Ensuring compliance with state, federal, and location
- Overseeing and implementing the elements of a Crash/Incident
Management process including coordination of reporting,
investigating, documentation, and management of incidents,
behavior, and impact and corrective action plans.
- Develop materials and conduct training for drivers and
employees in the enhancement of current safety programs. Develop
processes to monitor behaviors to ensure compliance.
- Mentoring the competency of all levels of the organization in
safety management practices, protocols, and procedures.
- Conduct audits and inspections of employees, fleet, equipment,
and vendor practices to monitor compliance, implement risk
mitigation factors and drive behavioral safety.
- Learn and implement a Behavior Safety Program.
- Monitor CSA scores and Food Safety Audit programs to address
trends and drive performance.
- Establish performance goals related to the following. Develop a
performance reporting process (ex. Scorecard) for the
- Provide support, direction, and guidance to transportation and
warehouse leadership across all divisions and locations in a
multi-platform fleet compromised of company and owner-operated
units while collaborating with managers to ensure success and
- Interact and directly influence the behavior, performance and
knowledge base of drivers, operators, and all employees regarding
safety and regulatory behaviors, practices, and operations.
- Ensures operational integrity regarding quality, environment,
reliability, health, safety, and security with a high degree of
influence without authority.
- Coordinate and maintain schedule, deliverables, and budgetary
control for objectives and key projects across the transportation
and warehouse divisions in regard to safety.
- Proactively identify deficiencies, concerns, and continuous
improvement opportunities to drive appropriate safety
- Monitor progress, performance, and quality projects while
preparing reports and presentations for the Executive team.
- Demonstrate expertise in the preparation of detailed project
plans, timelines, task sequencing, resource requirements, safety,
- Develops financial justification models for projects to gain
consensus and supportive business cases.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and assessment
of project health-checks and Go-Live' readiness.
- Assumes the lead in risk management meetings working with
department leads and project teams to identify potential risks and
recommend solutions to stabilize project prior to a
business-impacting event occurring.
- Responsible for facilitating team calls to monitor and
communicate progress, collaborating with key stakeholders to
publish status reports and presentations, and managing and
reporting on open risks and action items.
- Support business leaders and departments in establishing
strategic plans for the facility, acquisitions, and safety
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication; interpersonal,
organizational, and team building skills; business judgment; and
proven expertise in directing the efforts of the project staff and
internal and external customers and vendors.
- Develops contingency plans to meet key performance
- Exhibits flexibility in priority execution to achieve results.
Initiates actions towards goals to meet required timeframes.
Persists at achieving goals despite unexpected difficulties.
- Analyzes performance and effectiveness of safety initiatives
utilizing metrics, audits, and data-driven indicators. Will lead or
participate in process reviews, document process flows, identify
best practices, and conduct post-project audits to ensure process
compliance and established goals have been met
- Keeps up with relevant industry knowledge such as warehousing,
3PL, and transportation and project management practices.
- 5- 7 years of safety management experience in a related
industry and environment. Proven track record of implementing and
managing safety metrics and processes to achieve desired
- Proactive self-starter who can help set the agenda. Able to
conceive and drive improvements to safety processes.
- Has been successful in prior roles where the need to partner
with senior management and operations/sales teams are critical.
Possesses the skills to work cross-functionally to achieve desired
- Strong relationship-building and leadership skills. Executive
maturity a must.
- Very strong work ethic. Ability to set performance expectations
and hold others accountable. Excellent observational and
investigation skills to ensure safe work behaviors are being used.
Possesses professional conflict management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated inability to
communicate on all levels; position requires regular interface with
project resources, team leads, and senior management team members
as well as vendors.
- Demonstrated ability with planning, organizing and
multi-tasking to ensure efficient handling of the many tasks
associated with a project.
- Ability to conduct project reviews, assess and evaluate project
performance and provide constructive feedback while sustaining
excellent working relationships.
- Highly influential leadership style while interacting with
- Ability to multi-task and manage in a cross-functional
- Ability to thrive in a team working in a deadline-driven
Keywords: Wavepoint3pl, Erie , Director of Corporate Safety, Executive , North East, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!