Heavy Equipment Mechanic- 2nd Shift
Company: Roberts Warehousing Inc
Location: North East
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Heavy Equipment Mechanic employees are responsible for providing
diagnostic and repair services to the company's tractors and
trailers. Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Diagnose and repair most transmissions, engines, electrical,
suspension, and driveline issues.
- Perform DOT inspections.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of
documentation in a timely fashion.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Basic ability and understanding of clutches, fabrication,
welding, regeneration, schematics, alignment, and injectors.
- Work under limited supervision.
- Perform inspection, diagnosis, and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems.
- Utilizes vehicle's computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisition for new parts.
- Perform all work within SRTs.
- Perform service calls on emergency breakdowns.
- Performs comprehensive maintenance and PM on tractors,
trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and
other company-owned assets.
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports write-ups timely
- Diagnose the cause of most malfunction and perform repairs to
manufacturer specifications including engines, transmissions,
clutches, driveline, differential, steering, suspensions, fuel and
ignition systems, exhaust systems, HVAC systems, lift-gate
hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the repair and diagnosis (with some
assistance; power trains including differentials, drive shafts,
PTO's and wheel ends; Electrical systems including starters,
alternators; Electronic components including, ECM's, ECU's,
sensors, etc.,; Engine items including turbos, fan clutches,
injectors, cooling systems, etc.; Brake systems including ABS,
suspension systems (spring and air)Requirements:
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience as a heavy equipment diesel
mechanic or technician.
- Transportation and logistics industry experience.
- Experience in refrigeration units, heavy-duty transmissions,
alignment, schematics and other rebuilds, mechanical and electrical
- Considerable knowledge in troubleshooting, body and frame
construction, blueprints, reference manuals, and diagrams.
- Must have own tools. PI185316914
Keywords: Roberts Warehousing Inc, Erie , Heavy Equipment Mechanic- 2nd Shift, Engineering , North East, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!