Manager, Engineering & Maintenance
Company: Domtar Corporation
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Domtar Paper, the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer
of uncoated free-sheet paper in North America, has an opening for a
n Engineering & Maintenance Manager in our Johnsonb urg, P A mill.
YOUR ROLE : T he Engineering and Ma intenance Manager will be
responsible for pr oviding strategic leadership to the Maintenance,
Reliability, IT and Engineering Teams. As a member of the Mill
leadership team you will be res ponsible for develo ping s
trategies for improv ing plant asset reliability. Key role
deliverables include , but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure the safe , efficient, and cost-effective management of
the overall maintenance, engineering and reliability processes and
acti vit i es to en sure maximum equipment reliability and assets
- Ensure all planned projects are implemented on time, on budget
and meet the stated objective.
- Lead Prev entive, Predictive and R eliab le Manufacturing
Processes which follow the O n e Do mt ar S ta ndards. Particip ate
in the O ne Do mtar Rel iability Functional Team to supp ort
continuous improvement of the One Domtar Stan dards.
- Lead and develop the Maintenance, Reliability & Engineering
- Manage/control maintenance cost and capital project p ort f
olio to a chi eve target results while ensuring budgets are
prepared, met and variances explained with appropriate action taken
as requ ired.
- Manage the Mill ' s CMMS opti miz ing spare part s / materials
inventory and maintenance work to minimize u nplanned downtim e and
operati ng cost as well as ensuring the MRO inventory meets proper
Work ing Capit al standards as defined by Domtar.
- Lead the continuous improvement of key performance indicators
to increase asset l i fe and department budg et cost
- Lead and p er form necessary ro ot cause analysis on asset
failures and implement ide ntified actions to im prove man
- Demonstrate success in leading change and driving
- Be accou ntable for all Mil l asset outcomes. YOUR PRO FILE :
Minimu m Qualifications:
- 1 0 + years' experience leading an d improving maintenance a nd
rel iability in a n industrial environment w here managing per
sonnel, logistics, production, and workplace safet y were a requ
- B a c h e lor ' s degree in Engineering with experie n ce
successfully lead ing and developing a team of engineers.
- D emonstrated success implementing & optim izing re liability
mainte nance systems and p rocess es .
- K nowl edge of electric al, m echanical , h ydraulic , p n
eumatic and facilit y systems .
- Excellent leadership ski lls that include proven abil i ty to
coach and develop team members to a highe r level of performance ,
ability to work in a team environment activ ely p romot ing
collaboration, teamwork, and conflict resol ution .
- E xperienc e developing and manag ing budge ts to max imize
- De m ons trated planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
with ability to man age mul tiple pri orities and projects
- Demonstrated e xperien ce with Root Cause Anal ysis tools.
- Exemplary commu nication skil ls, both written and oral , as
well as highly de v eloped interpersonal skills. P referred
- Experience in pulp and pa per industry.
- Kn owle dg e o f P roject Mana gement Best P ractices a nd
- Use and knowledge of SAP 's Plant and Mat erials Manage
- Experience working in a Union environment. Domtar is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered
without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status,
religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or
veteran status. You have been redirected to a Domtar job page
Keywords: Domtar Corporation, Erie , Manager, Engineering & Maintenance
Pennsylvania, Engineering , Johnsonburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!