Company: Velocity Works, LLC
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Are you an Electrical Engineer with experience with machines,
heavy industry equipment, or mining?
We are looking for a US-based, hands-on electrical engineer
experienced with power products (3-phase power, VFDs, motors, etc)
- Work on engineering projects to develop, support, and maintain
the electrical systems for underground continuous haulage
- Handling new development on electrical system for this machine
as well as supporting the manufacturing of it
- Go to the field to handle commissioning and troubleshoot
- Create electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Oversee the work of electrical designers work in CAD and wire
- Support 3-phase power, motors, variable frequency drives
(VFDs), multiple comms systems (CANBUS, Ethernet, Fiberoptic, PLM)
control systems, and various sensor technologies)
- Create electrical schematics and wiring diagrams (Perform
engineering evaluations and resolve problems
- Visit mines, go underground to check out a machine in
operation, review their application parameters, recognize problems
and recommend corrective action if appropriate.
- Perform troubleshooting and fault finding to assist field
personnel and manufacturing to return a machine to service.
- Review and resolve deviation requests for drawing revisions to
aid the manufacturing process.
- Review customer orders to determine and schedule new
engineering to support them.
- Approve current engineering records before they are released to
manufacturing for production.
- Assist in quality audits of production machines
- Participate in meetings to address changes to existing or new
regulations and their impact upon our customers designs.
- Recognize the need for field retrofits for reliability or
safety and help develop specifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or
equivalent relevant discipline
- 2+ years' experience in engineering design, machine
application, or mining industry
- Able to develop and design the component tree
- Firm understanding of electrical components, circuit design and
protection, schematic and wiring diagram creation, and experience
troubleshooting and fault finding
- Comfortable doing 2D CAD for wiring schematics
- Proficient in the use of computer-aided design (CAD) tools
- Experience with high current / high voltage
- Comfortable interacting with and presenting to customers, as
well as troubleshooting in person and over the phone
- Comfortable with entering underground mines
- Participation in implementing Lean Engineering principles and
Change Management implementation
- Certifications or demonstrated project management, highly
- Professional registration and/or membership in committees
and/or technical societies, beneficial.
This role is currently remote but will eventually require being in
the Franklin, PA office.
No visa sponsorship is available.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Velocity Works, LLC, Erie , Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Franklin, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!