TEACHER, TITLE I
Company: Abraxas Youth & Family Services
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Facility: ABRAXAS I Compensation Base: $36,528.86 annually -
$58,754.38 annually Compensation Bonus (if applicable): Equal
Opportunity Employer. $3000 Sign on Bonus Abraxas Youth and Family
Services is a national leader in the operation of residential
treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled
youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to
include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral
therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case
management services, recreational activities as well as vocational
and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your
career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military
experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you
are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social
work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career
path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family
Services. Summary This position helps students learn subject matter
and skills that will lead them toward the fulfillment of their
potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and
maturation. Essential Functions
- Creates detailed lesson plans and classroom activities such as
work sheets, quizzes, or exams for use directly with students or
for use with students by Title I support staff.
- Responds to students' academic needs (strengths and weaknesses)
and academically challenges all students using a variety of
teaching strategies. Provides remedial or specialized instruction
(tutoring) when needed and creates effective homebound
- Evaluates students' progress and performance.
- Communicates effectively in directing Title I support
- Periodically assesses, records, and communicates progress of
identified Title I students.
- Structures remedial activities for Title I, General Educational
Diploma (GED), and Credit Recovery students before classes, as well
as after classes at the conclusion of the school day.
- Role models and teaches effective supervision and management of
clients, interacts meaningfully with clients, and observes client
behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Assures and monitors student location and movement.
- Maintains confidentiality of information as it relates to
- Maintains Safety & Security of Clients & Facility.
- Addresses client grievances as appropriate.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the
Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management
techniques and skills. Job Requirements:
Minimum Requirements The following educational requirements are
acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor's degree in related field in subject matter that is
utilized for teaching experience.
- State certification (public (level I or II) or private) in
education. Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child
clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
Keywords: Abraxas Youth & Family Services, Erie , TEACHER, TITLE I, Education / Teaching , Marienville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!